Spiritual Mentoring for your unique path.
Spiritual Mentoring (sometimes called Spiritual Direction) is an ancient practice to meet one on one with a spiritual mentor to discern and honor your unfolding inner life. Are you searching for deeper meaning? Do you seek a higher purpose, wanting to be of service to humanity? Do you long to touch the divine? Do you ever ask, “What am I doing here?”
Religion and spiritual practices bring you to the doorstep of the inner life, a mystical relationship that transcends and fulfills all traditions. Marilyn's spiritual mentoring is a contemplative practice focused on your direct relationship with your spiritual life, and how the Divine, disguised as your life, seeks expression. As a spiritual mentor, I provide a contemplative listening presence, to deepen your awareness of your relationship with your inner guidance.
My Spiritual Mentoring is based on the conviction that
- God is the one Reality that permeates and sustains creation.
- God’s nature is infinite love and mercy.
- There are diverse streams of wisdom guiding humanity.
- We are here to love and to serve.We serve God by serving each other.
I serve seekers who are on the path of awakening. With each step you take, you create your unique path. Every day, St. Francis of Assisi asked, “O God Who are You? O God who am I?” These are two questions, only you can answer.
Each month, you and I will meet to discern the movement of the sacred in your life, and how you are being prompted to express that in the world. What you must bring to each session is self-motivation, dedication to your spiritual life, honesty, courage, and humility. Through self-inquiry and reflection, you and I will explore you unique inner world of feelings, beliefs, silence, service, and love for the sacred.
Spiritual Mentoring sessions are a time to step away from material life and to dedicate one hour to your inner life. The wisdom you seek is already written in your heart. The key is simplicity and a childlike wonder and trust that all is unfolding as it should.
Please contact Marilyn, to determine if this is your next step.
What Spiritual Mentoring (Direction) Is Not
• Financial or legal advice.
What are You Looking For?
• If you are interested in learning about the beliefs, observances, and texts of a religion because you want to know more or seek to more fully identify with that faith community, you are seeking religious education or formation.
• If you want to relieve your anxieties and learn how to understand and deal with their causes, you are seeking psychotherapy.
• If you want insight into how the wisdom of religious tradition might help you understand and respond to your problems, you are seeking pastoral counseling.
• If you wish to deepen your relationship with God so that you can recognize how God’s spirit might be calling you and moving in your life, you are seeking spiritual guidance [spiritual mentoring/direction].
Addison, Howard, Show Me Your Way – The Complete Guide to Exploring Interfaith Spiritual Direction (Woodstock: Skylight Paths Publishing, 2000), 37.